Simon Fell > Its just code > IBlogExtension
Tuesday, April 08, 2003IBlogExtension
Being able to post to a weblog from within an RSS aggregator is a really useful feature that not many tools currently have. The proliferation of blogging API compounds the problem. Given the number of .NET based aggregators now around, I had a vision for a simple extensibility point within the aggregator to be able to hook in 3rd party blogging tools. This page documents my thoughts, ideas, and code to date.
IBlogExtensionGreg, Luke, Matt, and I discussed a new version of the interface that resulted in IBlogExtension.
A signed version of the assembly containing the IBlogExtension definition is available.
- Greg Reinacker announced that NewsGator 1.2 will support this.
- Synderilla 20030509-BT
- RSSBandit v1.1
IBlogThis enabled Aggregators
BlogIT extension to BlogThis
- April 14 weblog post revised details about the structure of the doucment passed to the plugin.
- BlogX gets BlogThis support
- April 12 weblog post on a strongly typed version of the IBlogThis interface.
- Relaxer updated with BlogThis support
- April 9 weblog post detailing the structure of the rss fragment XML.
- As everyone needs to refer to the same assembly for the BlogThis interface, I put together a signed version of the interface I posted.
- April 8 weblog post about first prototype
- April 6 weblog post, first attempt to explain idea, plus link to Brads post which kicked it all off