Simon Fell > Its just code > RESTLog
This weblog is based on an implementation of the RESTLog API that I wrote in .NET. The source code is available under the MIT license, for those who are interesting in running / examining / extending this themselvesSever (RESTLog.NET v0.1)
The server is implemented as a number of custom HttpHandlers that are compiled to a DLL, and has the following features
- Any number of weblog instances can be run on a single ASP.NET install.
- configuration for a particular instance of a weblog is handled entirely in the web.config file.
- template files (ordinary aspx format pages) are used to control the look & feel / rending of the pages.
- A static RSS (1.0) file is generated each time there's a change.
- Support for automatic pingbacks.
- main index page show recent entries, there are also monthly archive pages and individual post pages.
- posts are stored as simple XML files, easy to migrate to/from other blogging tools.
A .NET Winforms application for adding/updating/deleting posts for any RESTLog compliant server
- Simple interface, supports multiple weblogs
- Spell checker (requires MS Word)
- Winamp integration (requires WS-Amp) & WMP9 integration (requires the Blog Plugin)
- Drag'n'drop from the browser to edit.
- Can ping weblogs.com plus any other servers that implement the weblogs.com ping interface.
- Includes a pingback & trackback client.
Still in progress, v0.6 is now available.Client (relaXer v0.1)
A Cocoa application for Mac OS X for adding/updating/deleting posts for any RESTLog compliant server
- Native Cocoa application
- Spell Checker
- iTunes integration
- Drag'n'drop from the browser to edit
Still in progress, here a screen shot, to keep you going.