Simon Fell > Its just code > sforce quickies
- See Scoble's interview with Sforce's very own Adam Gross (via Salesforcewatch) (yeah, I know, its not sforce anymore, but after a while all the branding changes just become a blur)
- API traffic now over 50% of all traffic. (The rate of change here is more interesting than the actual number, as I'm sure the heretic will be quick to point out a number of reasons why API traffic might be higher than it could be). (via Charlie Wood)
- Winter '07 will be live RSN, if you were at Dreamforce I'm sure you know that this is probably the biggest API release ever, there's a ton of new features, the combination of SOQL-R, Outbound Messaging and Upsert-R should put something of a dent in the heretics arguments on API traffic. (again, via Salesforcewatch)
- Most if not all of the Dreamforce presentations are available for viewing on the Salesforce blog, including the insanely packed session that Adam Gross, Craig W and I did on the Apex language and runtime. (ignore all the blurb around it, its wrong). Unfortunately my compelling explanation of why query/queryMore is a good idea is on the cutting room floor. (You want all the data? you want all the data? you can't handle all the data!).
- Some people using .NET 2.0 have been plagued with de-serialization errors relating to xsd:dateTimes, there's details on the developer forums about a fix from Microsoft to address this issue.