Simon Fell > Its just code > FeedDemon Initial impressions
ok, impressions after the first 10 minutes
First up, the good
- Best looking windows desktop aggregator I've seen.
- The combination of all posts and today's news is pretty cool.
- OPML syncronization.
- Validate Feed button.
- Auto-Update respects skipHours (but not sy:updateFrequency)
- Doesn't handle HTTP 302 redirects.
- Doesn't support gzip/deflate compression.
- Doesn't support xhtml:body
- Space (or ctrl+U) moves you down posts, but won't move you to the next channel.
- OPML Import chokes (see this for the fix, needed if you're working from a Syndirella OPML export)
- could be an HTTP concurrency issue, a number of channels failed, yet worked fine when individually updated.