Simon Fell > Its just code > February 2004
Huh, in c# why isn't the ~ operator defined for byte ??? arrrggghhhhh, for fucks sake, please get that fixed !
I have a bunch of computer related pieces for sale, all available for pickup in downtown San Francisco, contact me if you're interested, everything is as new boxed, or in good condition.
- nVidia Ti4200 graphics card, 64Mb ram, DVI & DB-15 connectors - $90.00
- Altec Lansing ADA 995 surround sounds speakers (unwanted bundle with PC) as new, still boxed, never used. - $100.00
- Iiyama Vision Master 450 19" CRT Monitor - $ 85.00
- Microsoft Sidewinder Strategic Commander, still boxed, unused - $10.00
- Microsoft Sidewinder Joystick - $10.00
- Iomega external 100MB zip drives, one SCSI, one Parallel Port and 5 blank 100Mb disks - $20.00
- D-Link 4 port 10/100 ethernet hub - $10.00
- US Robotics external 56k modem - $10.00 - SOLD
- Linksys WPC 11 PC Card Wireless network card - $25.00 - SOLD
- Linksys WMP11 PCI Wireless network card - $25.00 - SOLD
- Dell Inspiron 7000 laptop, 366 PII, 256Mb ram, 8Gb harddrive, 14" 1024 x 768 LCD, Windows 2000 Pro, 3Com ethernet card and Psion 56K modem, carry bag, $100.00 - SOLD
- 3Com TP1200 12 port ethernet hub - $10.00 - SOLD
If you've had problems in the past getting SwA to work between SOAP::Lite and PocketSOAP, then checkout this recent post to the SOAP::Lite list that explains how to get SOAP::Lite up and running with the correct MIME header line endings.
So I've read Scoble's interview which covers WinFS and also read about WinFS in Visual Studio mag but I still don't get it, In both cases it seems that to be useful the user will have to tag the files with meta data, but you only have to look at Office (which has had that for years with the summary property page) to see how unsuccessful its going to be. Why will tagging 100 photos with 'Wedding' make things magically better than having the photo's in a 'Wedding' directory ? I'm not seeing how WinFS is going to make my life (as a user not a developer) any better, what am I missing ?