ZakBlogZakBlog is a Blogging client application for servers that support the metaWeblog API, such as Radio Userland and Moveable Type. This allows you to post / edit / delete items from your weblog in an easy to use application, complete with spell checker (requires Word to be installed).
Here's a screen shot of it in action
InstallationZakBlog is built using .NET, you will need the .NET 1.0 Runtime installed before it can be run. The best way to get this is to use the built in Update feature of Windows.
Download v0.1 (48k) and extract the files to a directory. Double click the ZakBlog.EXE to run the application.
ConfigurationWhen you first run the application, you'll be prompted to configure access to your weblog server.
- Name : Enter a name for this weblog (this is just a label, it doesn't affect anything other than the display in the application).
- Server API URL : Enter the URL to the server API, this defaults to http://127.0.0.1:5335/RPC which will conect to a local installation of Radio. For Moveable type its something like http://weblog.server.com/mt/mt-xmlrpc.cgi
- Username : Enter your username here.
- Password : Enter your password.
- BlogId : for Radio users leave it on the default of home. For Moveable Type users, one the 4 parameters above have been filled out, you can click the 'get' button, this will populate the combo box with a list of your blogs, select one from the drop down to populate the correct blogid.