PocketSOAP is a COM based SOAP client toolkit for the Windows family of operating systems. It provides a largely complete implementation
of the SOAP 1.1 specification,
SOAP 1.2 specification,
the SOAP with Attachments specification, the
and the WS-Attachments specification.
This guide assumes your are reasonably familar with SOAP, to learn more about SOAP checkout these sites.
- Interopable, works with all the major SOAP toolkits.
- Support for Section 5 encoding model, including arrays, sparse arrays, partial arrays, unsized arrays, nil's, complex types and simple types.
- Support for mutli-reference's including circular references.
- Support for doc/literal style services.
- Support for SOAP Headers.
- Plugable serialization model, add new [or replace any existing] serializers to customize pocketSOAP for your application.
- Comes with a property bag serializer, makes handling complex types in VB a breeze!.
- Supports both the 2001 & 1999 XML Schema versions. [some older servers will only accept 1999 based requests]
- A HTTP 1.1 transport including support for SSL, proxy servers, basic authentication, proxy server authentication, redirects, session cookies and compression.
- A TCP transport that acts as a client to the SOAP::Lite TcpServer module.
- Scripting friendly mode allows you access to strongly typed arrays as variants.
- Efficient stream based parsing.
- Attachments support via SOAP with Attachments or DIME.
Copyright © Simon Fell, 2000-2004. All rights reserved.