The goal of these tests is to demonstrate interopability between toolkits supporting Attachments.
The tests cover both DIME/WS-Attachments and MIME/SwA based attachments in conjunction with both
RPC/encoded and document/literal SOAP styles.
The test messages are described in WSDL, however implementations are not requried to process the
WSDL, but are required to generate messages that conform to the WSDL [This uses WSDL in the same manner as the round 2 tests]
The tests are
- EchoAttachment - round trips a single attachment.
- EchoAttachments - round trips 0..n attachments.
- EchoAttachmentAsBase64 - the server receives an attachment and returns it inline in the SOAP response as base64 encoded binary.
- EchoBase64AsAttachment - the server recieves base64 encoded binary data within the SOAP message, and returns it as an attachment.
- EchoUnrefAttachments [DIME only] - round trip 0..n attachments that aren't referenced in the SOAP message.
- EchoAttachmentAsString [DIME only] - the server receieves a text attachment and returns it inline in the SOAP response as a string.
DIME implementations are expected to conform to
The DIME tests are described in WSDL using the WSDL Extension for SOAP in DIME,
however implementations are not required to support this.
MIME implementations are expected to conform to
The MIME tests are described in WSDL using the MIME binding specified in WSDL 1.1, however implementations are not required to support this.
The 4 tests are repeated for each combination of attachment and message style, as shown in these WSDLs.